Name: Lost River (1941-1971)
Original Name: Cascades (1928-1940)
Engineering and design work: Herb Schmeck and the Philadelphia Toboggan company.
Miscellaneous: The mill chute ride opened in 1928 as The Cascades.  The ride was renovated by PTC and renamed in 1941, with the removal of the final drop.  This proved unpopular, so a new final drop was installed on the attraction in 1942.  This ride, like the Shooting Star and Teddy Bear, was not relocated to Kings Island, and was permanently lost when Coney Island closed on September 6th, 1971.