Name: The Clipper
Opened: 1937
Closed: 1946
Designed by: Herb Schmeck
Construction Manager: Coney`s Shirley Watkins
Manufactured by: Philadelphia Toboggan Company
Type: a twister wooden roller coaster
Miscellaneous: Some of the lumber for the new ride floated away in the historic flood of 1937.  The ride replaced the Skyrocket, and used some of the equipment from the defunct Skyrocket roller coaster.  One ride on the Clipper cost 15 cents when the ride opened.  The ride did not prove to be as popular as the park`s Wildcat coaster, and would be replaced less than a decade later with the Shooting Star.  The Shooting Starused some of the elements from the Clipper, including the loading station, lift hill and final helix.