Name: Grand Carousel
Opened: 1926
Relocated:  To Kings Island in 1972, where it continues to operate to this day.
Manufactured by: Philadelphia Toboggan Company, Carousel #79.
Diameter: 80 feet
Height of Ride: 15’-3 3/4”
Number of Horses: 48 hand-carved horses, of those, 28 move up and down.
Number of Lead Horses: 3
Miscellaneous: During the flood of 1937 some of the carousel horses floated down the Ohio River.  All the horses were recovered and one horse was recovered as far away as Paducah, Kentucky.  The Carousel was renovated in 1969 at a cost of $50,000.  Dick Harsley, Coney`s special effects director, was in charge of the restoration.  Carole Lanter repainted all 18 rounding boards from the carousel.  Bill Tull repainted all the horses on the ride.